Friday, January 15, 2010

Emotional Baggage

We have to become more conscious of our feeling-world. By learning to identify the "emotional baggage" and manage our feeling-world reactions, we can view life based on current information instead of being held captive by our past. However, since emotional processes can work faster than the mind, it takes a power stronger than the mind to bend perception, override emotional circuitry, and provide us with intuitive feeling instead. It takes the power of the heart.

Managing our emotions is an inside job. That's why it's important to learn techniques to make attitude adjustments. We can then direct our emotions more efficiently. Happiness comes through emotions qualified by the heart. And I found myself poor in doing this job. I am very emotional in dealing with those whom I care the most.

Emotions surround me, and sometimes I let them get in my way. If I can learn how to control them and share them with someone whom I care about than I have learned how to exept myself in new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear blog visitor, Thanks for visiting my blog.